Tuesday 17 December 2019

Sausages?

My heel was very sore last night after club, and again this morning when I got out of bed. It's been a problem for a few months now. Is it a bit of plantar fasciitis? I don't know. It certainly feels like it according to what I've read. It's plausable too, given it can come on through weight gain. Damn me for starting to chub up again! Yet another reason to keep going with the weight loss attempts. The sooner I'm lighter, the less pressure I'll be putting on my body as I run.

So far, all my food has been really tasty. I'd say some of it hasn't turned out as it really should have, but there have been no disasters, and nothing inedible. My cupboards are starting to come down with ingredients I'd never heard of before. Thank goodness for mail order. Everything is generally so accessible these days, available and arriving within a day or two. My biggest revelation (I've said it before) is nutritional yeast. I've already ordered more, and I've only been using it for eight days. But I just don't want to run out of it. I've verry tempted to add it to recipes just for the sake of it, it's so yummy.

Today I tried out a recipe by The Happy Pear. It was a five minute sausage recipe, and it appealed because a) it was quick and b) I had all the ingredients. It's not unusual for a recipe to have some very exotic sounding stuff in it. It's not as off putting as it would have once been, given how easy it is to get things on line, but it's no good if I want to try a recipe the same day. I will start to put things in my on line basket and wait till there are a few things to get before sending for them.

Anyway, Happy Pear five min sausages. Delish! Easy and simple ingredients. Yummy! Not at all sausagey mind you, but that might have just been me. I will most certainly be making them again. The OH loved them too. I've subscribed to their YouTube channel. A girl in running club has talked about them a lot. I can see why. So I'll be sussing them out some more.
Tasted better than it might look)

The other main part of dinner was my own take on baked beans. They were great! Red onion and red pepper sweated off in a neutral coconut oil, not extra virgin coz it tastes very strongly of coconut, which would be fab in a curry, but not necessarily baked beans, then garlic granules, oregano, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper added. Add haricot beans to that, then a tin of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Maple syrup to taste and let it all cook down till there's a thick sauce. Somethign else I'll be doing again.

I got out of bed late this morning, slept in, so I'd no time to lift anything to eat. I bought clemintines for lunch and some unsweetened cocnut milk to make "milky" coffee. Thus far, my day is in the green!

No comments:

Post a Comment