Tuesday 10 December 2019

Day Two

Day two, and today's lesson is that Alpro Almond Milk's third ingredient on the list is sugar. I should have realized that anything that has a dedicated "unsweetened" variety is going to be very sweet in its original version. It's not unpleasant, but it's sweeter than I'd chose. I'll know in future. I'm not even sure why I bought it, as I don't normally even use milky milk. It's a good rule of thumb to get things that have as few ingredients as possible. Rule two would be to ensure that sugar is way down the ingredients list. I see a recipe in Scott Jurek's "Eat and Run" for hemp milk. I might try that. And it's not a big thing to make almond milk either from what I've read, so lots to try. Homework! I'll be looking at easy bread recipes too. My old paleo one has eggs and honey in it, so far from vegan.

A delivery arrived today with tricolour quinoa, vitamin B12 suppliments and nutritional yeast in it. I forgot to add bulgar wheat. Darn! I was surprised to find ASDA didn't have any, when I locked yesterday.  

I used the nutritional yeast this evening in my lentil burger recipe. It's a revelation! Cheesy and salty. Yummy! I made Scott Jurek's lentil and mushroom burgers. I can tell I'm going to be saying his name a lot. But damn, the man is good! 
That's two recipes in a row that were great. I had them with pitta pockets, and a spinach,  red pepper and tomato salad, with homemade vinaigrette. I feel like a proper domestic goddess 😁

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Get Outlook for Android

No comments:

Post a Comment