Friday 13 December 2019

Day Four

I'm forty-five pounds away from the weight I'd like to be. Sounds like an awful lot, doesn't it. But I remind myself that in comparison to 287lb, 175lb is pretty manageable. A size 14 rather than a 28. Big difference. I still look well within what's considered "normal" so to look at me, a random stranger would never know that I have this obsession with my weight. 

I've been way off my form, running wise, doing hardly any for months now, meaning my exercising is way down. I'm not expending the calories that I was. At least if I'm eating healthily,  I'm mitigating any weight gain a wee bit. As to eating unhealthy foods,  as a vegan, my choices are a lot more limited, no ice cream, or full tubs of Quality Street,  or three typea of cheese at one time any more, but there are still things I will need to go easy on. Medjool dates for one! They taste like caramel, and a whole box (500g) has more calories than a tub of Ben & Jerry's,  and I could eat it just as easily. Certain good quality dark chocolates too. 

I love that I'm eating leftovers for breakfast. I've always liked a savoury brekkie, and this morning's minestrone and bread was yummy. Convenient too, since I just whack it in the micro at work.  

I tried out sweetcorn fritters this evening and had them with some of the lentil burgers. A bit too much salt, but otherwise,  really good. Like the minestrone,  a few tweeks, and it'll be a really good recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment