Wednesday 11 December 2019

And on the third day....

....Terry made her own bread! 
Yes. I thank you. I am a domestic goddess. Soda bread type thingy. It was very nice. It smelled amazing, as fresh baked stuff does. I will keep it in the oven five minutes longer next time, as it was a touch stodgy in the middle, but otherwise,  A for effort, I'd say!

Minestrone soup for the main component of dinner, and I sort of made it up as I went along. Onion, garlic, chilli, tinned tomatoes, courgette, carrot, green beans, haricot beans, wholemeal pasta, oregano,  salt and pepper. Wholesome and hearty!
I wonder if I can really make this adjustment, go vegan. I have to say, thus far, it feels like I can.

I have loads of leftovers to eat, so I won't be making something new tomorrow. I had some of the chilli for breakfast. Sooooo good. Lunch was cucumber and cherry tomatoes and dinner was the minestrone and bread. 

So far, the OH has partaken of two of the three meals. And loved them! I don't want him to give up meat, but it's not a bad thing to go meat free a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment