Friday 30 December 2016

Mid way through Christmas week

I had two days of food excess. Christmas Day and Boxing Day were the two days that I over ate, big style. I reckon I ate roughly 6000 calories on each day. There was constant grazing on chocolate, and a couple of big goes at the cheeses and different crackers and savoury biscuits that I'd been very much looking forward to. 

This time last year, if you'd told me I was going to be a size 18, I'd have been delighted. Any size starting with a 1 instead of a 2, given I was used to being a size 24 or bigger. A size 16? That would have had me running  up and down the street naked in celebration. Size 16 always felt like a breakthrough size for me, break through in to normality.  And a size 14? Well, that would have been unthinkable.  And here I am. A size 14. I'm very happy. But. Uh huh. There's a "but." I feel slim and healthy. I like how I look in the mirror. But I don't like how I look in photos. I don't look as slim in photos. So now I'm thinking that 149lb is not the goal weight for me. I might actually go for 136lb, which would take me to the very top end of the healthy BMI range for my height. That's a stone away. I'll see how I feel. I'm not in a hurry. I'm still getting used to what I see in the mirror.

I've had some fun over the Christmas break. On Boxing Day, I went swimming in the sea. Just coz I could :-)
In the act. How are we managing to smile when I couldn't feel any of my appendages?
Afterwards.  I ws very impressed with my organizational skills.  I remembered to bring a fleecy, Christmas onesie, which was very cozy.
CB, my cousin's hubby is part of a group who go sea swimming all year round. I can say without fear of debate or contradiction that it was jolly cold! But it was good craic and I'm really glad I did it. Than it was back to CB's house, where BB had made a big fry up. Loads of fried carnivorous fare and stereotypical Norn Irish bread, chocolate buns and gall9ns of coffee later, I was warmed up and very sated. The rest of Boxing Day was filed with more grazing on chocolate and cheese. There were mamy slices of Christmas cake and stollen in there somewhere too.

After the two days of confectionery, I'm now using up food, especially vegetables. I don't want anything to be wasted.  So yesterday entailed eating a lot of fresh Brussels Sprouts and a big pot of broccoli and cauliflower soup. Yes, my farts are pretty ripe today and you wouldn't want to be the one who has to clean my cage later.

As for weight, anything below 153lb will be a win. The 149lb on Christmas morning always seemed ridiculously low, so I won't be surprised if it's a bit above that on Sunday, and that's even before I consider my couple of 6000 cal days. I have been on track since then though. No exercise, so I've stuck to 1200 cals, pretty much exactly.  It's not easy with the amount of stuff that's still in the house, but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment