Thursday 15 December 2016

In the words of my favourite Star Trek Next Gen villains...

..."Resistance is futile!"
Yip, the chocolates are still out in force at work , Mars Celebrations, and The Force isn't that strong in me.
See what I did there? In a break from Sci Fi rivalry tradition, I quoted Star trek and Star Wars in the same paragraph! Some where, the geek gods are preparing a lightening bolt with my name on it :-)

Anyway, regardless of my nerdy references, I felt the need to give in. I had to have some chocolate. But I'm still relatively pleased with how I handled it. I made a conscious decision. Rather than eat a few mindlessly, and let's be honest, my definition of "a few" might stun some, I checked the MFP database for the calories. Most are about forty-five cals a piece! Defo not good calorie spending. I dipped in to the box of £1 charity sweets instead and got a 100g bag of mini eggs. I reckon about 450 cals, and there was more satisfaction to be had savouring them than scarfing down a hand full of tiny Twix and Snickers, or Heaven forbid, Bounties. Mmmmm, excuse me while I drool, fit to turn in to Homer J Simpson! Bounty!

I haven't been for a run for the last couple of mornings. Good sense finally prevailed and I decided to rest my ankle. It feels much better today. But I miss the extra calories that the exercise earns. My small session of circuit training doesn't earn much (though I can really feel the results in my abs) so I might walk up to TMM's work later, to meet him. It's a fifty minute walk, round trip, and should earn a couple of hundred cals.

Food has been good for the last few days. I haven't gone mad and cut down, just because I had my gain on Sunday. I've stuck within allowance though, and I'm happy that I'm doing what I need to to stay on track.




No comments:

Post a Comment