Wednesday 15 March 2017

Not the start to the week that I wanted.

Post run omelette breakfast. Came out like scrambled eggs. Delicious. 

Mon 13/03/17
It wasn't the worst day in the world, but you'd think, after such a brilliant weight yesterday, a fantastic Parkrun on Saturday and a great fifteen mile run yesterday (with no aches and pains afterwards!) that it would have been easy to have a flawless day. I'd want to consolidate my results, right? Uh uh. *shakes head in disbelief* I managed to go right over my cals by about 800. And I'm peeved with myself. I'm particularly annoyed because it was with sugar. Again. Darn and blast my sugar addiction. I suppose if I manage to stay below 2000 cals a day, I  should still maintain, even on a day that I don't run. I'd just rather train myself to eat my calories more wisely. Some walnuts or avocado would be good. Not processed, overly refined sugar. But hey ho. Tuesday was another day, so I intended to get up early, do six miles, earn 700 cals, and start afresh.

I mentioned having no aches and pains after Sunday's run. I can hardly believe it. Knee, Achilles, calf, hip? All dead on! And the run itself? The same run, done two years ago, took three and a quarter hours. Yesterday it took two hours forty-two minutes. That's not a result of me trying to be faster, just a natural consequence of being a lot lighter. It feels amazing to be fit :-) 

Tue 14/03/17
My weight was still good on Tuesday morning, despite the extra eating, so I was relieved, and I know I just need to lighten up a bit on myself. It'll come with time. The panic that I'm going to get uber fat again should die down, I'm sure, as I learn how much I can eat. I feel very much like a broken record, going on and on about learning how to eat, now I'm not trying to lose. Still, it's what's in my head, so it's what I waffle about.

I ran 10k on Tuesday and did it in under an hour! I was incredibly pleased with that.
Both my continued low weight and the run were great results. I was very happy and in fact, I was impossible to anger all day. (It makes me a much nicer person to work with.) But I find it hard to strike a balance. How to I work out if I'm being merely ebullient or if I've veered off into bombastic? It's like the constant repetition I find myself writing. It's what's in my head, so it's what I write about. Similarly, when I'm happy or excited with things, that's what comes out, but I'd hate it to sound boastful. That's not how I mean it. It's just that it's hard to reign in my excitement, or dial down my responses. I'm not used to looking like this. It's going to take a while to get used to it. 

I ate only real food on Tuesday, no processed sugar, had a run, and stayed within my allowance (including eating all of my exercise calories) so I felt good about the day in general.

Wed 15/03/17
A rep from one of my suppliers in work told me I was looking a bit cold yesterday, and asked if all of my fleeces were too big for me now. Over my nineteen years in the tyre trade, I've accumulated fleeces and body warmers from most major tyre manufacturers. And every one of them is at least a man's size XL, some XXL. My most recent Michelin one looks like a large mini dress on me. But I love it, coz it's so toasty warm. Still, it looks ridiculous. My rep chum said they were clearing out their warehouse and he'd see if he could find me anything in a medium or a small. He was as good as his word, and a medium body warmer arrived for me, with our tyre delivery today. Yay! It fits :-)
New Hankook body warmer!
Another great thing about yesterday was getting a message from someone on mfp, just out of the blue, someone I don't know, but who got in touch to say "Well done", and offer encouragement and help, if I need it. What a lovely thing. I must admit that I haven't been at all active in the community of mfp. I did all that when I was with WW on line, so you'd think I'd have thought of it. But then, it took me eight months to realize that I could post a blog, so it's hardly surprising that I'd forget the community too. So I have FB and mfp to talk to "virtual" fat fighters and healthy folks. As much as TMM and my family are amazing (and they really are. No question) only other over weight people really get what's going on in my head.

I had intended to run this morning, but went to bed very late, so decided that sleep was more important. I miss the extra calories though, so might still go out after work. TMM is working late, so I'll be looking after myself for dinner. I might have mackerel, or something else that he normally wouldn't be too keen on. I'm trying to make an effort to vary things, and get a decent amount of healthy fat in to my diet. And some dark, leafy greens.

On another plus note, I've have less DFM. Still not off it completely, but I've subbed in camomile tea once or twice. What can I say? I'm a work in progress :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment