Monday 26 August 2019

162.2 lb

And there we have it, at least twenty pounds away from where I want to be, a little over eighteen heavier than when I started maintaining, just over two years ago. But it could be worse, and I did have a very calorie heavy weekend, one last hurrah of shitty food, before hitting the healthy zone today.

I'm happy with how I've started. I faced the scales, which is always tough when a heavy result is on the cards, and I got up early to do a DVD. Dug out Jillian Michaels, and a weights one. I'm determined to work on strength this time. Here we are, eight months exactly to London,  plenty of time to make a huge difference. No excuses.

One positive point about today's weight? This is the heaviest I will be from here on in, and it's a darn sight lower than every other starting point I've had. I'm also still fit. I ran a brutal, hilly ten miler on Saturday. I might not look as good in my running club vest and Tikiboos as I have in the past year or so, but it won't be long till I'm back where I want to be. I just need to be focused
Rathlin on Saturday. My vest is snugger than I'd like, but it's not uncomfortable. I'm a wee bit self conscious of it. It won't take long to get in to better shape.

Ards Half in June, and you can the pull of the vest across my belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment