Wednesday 22 February 2017

Adjustment period

I've had a few days on my new calorie allowance and it's hard to get used to. I'm not complaining.  Believe me, this is the phase I've wanted to be at for over twenty years, so I'm not going to say I'm hard done by. It's just that I've been on 1200 cals for a year and it's not easy to give myself permission to eat the 1550 that mfp now has me on, and believe I'm not going to gain. It's only been a week. It'll just take some getting used to.  I would like to use the extra cals wisely, i.e. not all on treats, at least some of it on real food :-)

After a couple of weeks of gaining a half here and losing a half there, I'm back down to my low of 143.8lb. Having just finished my moons, this weekend should be my first real indicator of how my body is starting to settle in to this new era. I'm actually looking forward to weighing myself on Sunday (so long as I stay on track)

For the longest part of this year, I told myself that I was buying myself a green Gretsch guitar as a reward for getting to goal. But I have three guitars already. I really don't need another one, regardless of how pretty it is. Then I thought I'd get myself a Samsung smart watch, but would I use it enough to make it worth the price tag. Treat/reward or not, I'd still like to get good use out of it. Also, I tried one on in a shop. It was genuiniely enormous! I had a fairly delicate write before I lost weight, not its' positively skinny. The watch just looked wrong. So I've decided instead on an expensive hair appointment.I never go to the hair dressers. Actually, I've been twice, in my entire forty-eight years, so it will be a real pampering session. I think a change of colour is called for. Something extreme! I'll keep y'all posted :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment